Clients requested the ability to reopen accounting periods that have been closed in error. Previously this meant they had to create a billable ticket with the Technical Services team.
When users require an accounting period to be re-opened, it is usually of an urgent nature and needs to be handled quickly. This enhancement will help you do this.
- This feature gives the ability to re-open an accounting period: Auditing is included, and limitations are set based on Technical Services' best practices.
- There are permissions restrictions - this must be done by a super-user. If a user without the required permission attempts to reopen an accounting period, the system will display an error. This article User Tab - Super Users – Avionté Classic contains more information about Super Users.
- There is a risk involved in reopening an accounting period: The system will ask the user if they are certain they want to proceed.
- The user cannot have too many accounting periods open at once. This depends on the value set in the Config Option DefaultUnClosedAccountingPeriodCount. This article Config Option - AllowAccountingPeriodToClose contains more information.
- Only the last accounting period can be re-opened.
- The ACH process must not have been run.
- GL must not have been run.
- There is logic included around if a client has accidentally closed a pay period and opened a new one: The new one needs to move back to unopened, to allow the old one to be re-opened.
Activating the permission
- Navigate to System > Config Option > Config Option by Property > Select Type User > Search for and Select OptionType "wkl_RepoenAccountingPeriod" > Check the box to activate.
- Log out and back in to save the changes.
(click on the image to open a larger view in a new tab)
Steps to Follow
After a user has discovered they unintentionally closed an accounting period where they still have work to perform, they should proceed as follows:
- From within Weekly Process, go to Actions > Re-Open Accounting Period.
The Re-Open Accounting Period screen will appear.
- The Keep Current Accounting Period Open? checkbox is unchecked by default. If the current accounting period already has checks and invoices, it should be kept open by checking the box.
- Click Continue. A confirmation screen appears.
- To proceed, click OK. A Success message appears.
- Restart Avionté.
- Return to Time Entry. The previous accounting period will be displayed.
- Proceed with working in the accounting period.