The Email Profile section, accessible from the Email section, allows for additional email profiles to be set up. These profiles can be used to send out mass mails, text messages, or other emails where using a personal email address would be undesirable. An email profile must be set up to use the email features.
Other features such as Text Messaging and Mass Mail also utilize the Email Profile. For more information, visit the Text Messaging and Mass Mail articles.
If you are using a version of Avionté that is 14.2 or older, see the Email - Profile (Self Hosted, Versions 14.2 & Older) help page.
Self-hosted customers may have additional fields available in the Email Profile window, such as User name, Password, Reply to Email Address, Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), etc. If these fields are visible, see Email - Profile (Self Hosted, Versions 14.2 & Older).
Note: Users will only have access to profiles they have created or have been shared with their account.
Adding or Modifying an Email Profile
- From the Start Page, navigate to Actions > Email Profile or from the Main Menu, navigate to Email > Actions > Email Profile. The Email Profile Wizard appears.
- From the Actions menu, choose Create Profile or click the Create Profile shortcut button (if set up). The Email Profile window will display.
- On the Email Profile tab of the window, enter the following information:
Note: If additional fields are visible, see Email - Profile (Self-Hosted, Versions 14.2 & Older).
Field Description Profile Name Enter a name for this email profile. Email Address Enter the email address for this profile. Reply To Email Address Set up an email address where replies will go.
- The HTML tab at the bottom of the window can be used to add additional items such as images, or social networking links as necessary. For more information on this, see the Email Signature section below.
- Click Next to continue to the Share Profile tab.
- On the Share Profile tab you can select the users you want to share this email profile with. Across the top are three buttons that provide options for selecting users. Those options are:
Select All Users From My Branch Share this profile with all users at your branch. Select All Users From My Supplier Share this profile with all the users at your supplier. Deselect All Unselect all users.
- Once you have selected the users with whom you would like to share this profile, click Finish to save. The email profile will appear in the grid.
- To test the email profile, click the pencil icon, . The Email Profile wizard appears.
Note: An email profile needs to be saved before attempting to send a test email.
- Click the Send Test Email button to send a test email.
Hosted customers do not need to enter their username, password or other SMTP (email server information) into Avionté.
The email signature is located at the bottom of the Email Profile wizard, in the "Signature" panel.
- From the Main Menu, navigate to Email > Profile.
- Click on the pencil icon, , to the far right of the row for the profile that needs to be updated.
- The Email Profile wizard opens.
- When the signature has been updated, click Next.
- Select the users that the email profile should be shared with by placing a checkmark in the box under the "Select" column for their username.
- Click Finish.
Signature Formatting Tips/Tricks
|Do NOT copy and paste your email signature from another source (i.e. Outlook, Google docs, etc.)||These applications contain proprietary information that can lead to unexpected formatting and in some cases it can cause the signature to lose its edit-ability. If this happens contact the Avionté Support Center.|
|Remove white space.||When adding your signature text, press Enter on your keyboard to move your cursor to the next line, leaving white space between rows. Press Shift + Enter on your keyboard to make the white space narrower between rows.|
|Enhance the text.||Use the toolbar in the editor to select fonts, color, sizes and styles to enhance aspects of the text in the e-mail signature.|
|Add an email address.||
To add an email address to an e-mail profile, type the email address. It is automatically set up with a 'mail to' and doesn't require editing in the HTML tab.
|Add a link.||
URLs are automatically set up as links, and do not require editing in the HTML tab. Simply add the URL in a "http://www.yourwebsitehere.com" format.
|Add hidden link.||
Hidden links are links to external websites that don't follow the obvious URL format (http://www.yourwebsitehere.com). Instead, they may appear as text that says "Click here." To add a hidden link:
Add a Graphic via HTML
- Save the graphic or photo to an internet-accessible location, that is NOT the local PC.
- Navigate to Start Page > Actions menu > Email Profile
- Click the HTML tab at the bottom of the Email Profile wizard.
- Find the image on the internet.
- Right-click on the image.
- Depending on the browser, select the option that inspects the image.
- Locate the image's HTML.
- Copy the image's HTML.
- Paste the copied content to the HTML window in the Avionté Email signature section.
- Select the Design tab to view the image.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Please sign in to leave a comment.