The Revenue Opportunity item of the Contact section allows users to add a sales level, a status, competition identification, projected revenue, and lets users attach a sales rep or a message to a potential client. Once entered, a user can consult this screen to track or edit an entered opportunity.
Add a Revenue Opportunity
- From the New Revenue Opportunity button located on the upper-left corner of the Revenue Opportunity item in the Customer section.
- From the New Revenue Opportunity button located on the upper-left corner of the Revenue Opportunity item of the Contact section.
- Open the New Revenue Opportunity wizard by clicking the New Revenue Opportunity button from any Revenue Opportunity sub-tree item.
- Click on each field to add or edit information.
- The Revenue Info section contains the basic details on the opportunity.
Field Description Revenue Name Enter a name for the revenue opportunity. Revenue Description A free-form text box used to describe the overall revenue opportunity. Status The current status of the opportunity - lead, won, lost, etc. Expected Revenue A dollar amount indicating the expected sales amount over the Revenue Period. Revenue Period The frequency defining the expected revenue. Revenue Competition A free-text field for notes about other companies competing for the same opportunity.
- The Revenue Forecasting section contains information about the projected closing of an opportunity.
Field Description Sales Close Level Indicates a percentage of completion toward closing this revenue opportunity. Expected Close Date The date this opportunity is expected to be closed.
- The Revenue Dates section contains information on the start and end of a opportunity.
Field Description Start Date Indicates the introduction of the opportunity. End Date Indicates the closure (if there is one) of the opportunity.
- Specific user and contact information display on the right side of the pane.
Field Description User The Avionté user managing the revenue opportunity information Customer The customer/company associated with the revenue opportunity. Contact The specific contact at the company associated with the revenue opportunity. Order A specific order associated with the revenue opportunity.
- Click the Finish button to save the opportunity.
Attach a Message to a Revenue Opportunity
This section details how to create a message and have it attach to a Revenue opportunity.
- From the Revenue Opportunity sub-tree section, select a revenue opportunity and click the Message button.
- A New Message window will open with the Contact and Revenue Opportunity attached.
- In the Message group, click on the fields and enter text according to the following:
Field Description Action Type A summary title for the message - Cold Call, Follow Up, etc. Description A free-text field used to describe the message. Subject A free-text field for a summary line that will accompany the message when the message is sent. Message A free-text field for the body of the message.
- In the Make This group, click on the fields and enter text according to the following:
Field Description Type Drop-Down Menu Indicates whether the item is a message, appointment, or task. Date Drop-Down Menu Designates the day the message, appointment, or task is scheduled to be sent or occur.
- In the Message Link group, click on the fields and enter text according to the following:
A drop-down menu featuring Main Menu selections that will designate a link that will attach to the message. The link will point to a main Avionte section - Employee, Customer, Order, Assignment, Invoice, Paycheck, Contact, Agency, AR, User, Unemployment, Favorites, or WC Claim.
If the message was initiated in the Customer sub-tree item, it will be attached to the customer. Similarly, if the message was initiated in the Contact sub tree item, the message will attach to the contact. This feature is available in Avionté version 13.2 and newer.
Search Type A drop-down menu featuring Sub-Menu selections that will designate a link that will attach to the message. The sub-menu selections are dependent on the Main Menu item selected in the Attach To drop-down menu. Search Text Specific search text to be included in the link that will attach to the message. Search Result A drop-down menu designating the type of search result.
- In the Attached To group you can view all of the items this message will be attached to.