These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by [The author] of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. [The author] bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
Employees may need to take sick leave, which is an unforeseen absence from work, to take care of their personal health. Employers may grant the employee a number of sick leave days for this purpose. Currently, there are no federal requirements for paid sick leave, however, some states, counties, and cities have enacted legislation requiring that employers provide their employees with a number of sick days that accrue over time.
This article provides an overview of sick leave accrual plans as they're used and set up in Avionté. The links and webinars below, as well as the attached PDF, provide further details.
|Change Log Date||Change Log Description|
|12/03/2021||Updated MA Covid Leave end date (from 9/30/21 to 04/1/22)|
|12/02/2021||Added Alleghany, PA updates|
|11/29/2021||Added NYC Sick Leave updates|
|08/13/2021||Added Ontario, British Columbia, Nevada & Los Angeles COVID Plans|
|07/22/2021||Added section for 'Exclude Cities in a County'|
|07/02/2021||Added MA Covid Plans (FT, PT, and Var)|
Auto-Insert Accrual Plan
Avionte's Standard Sick Leave Accruals
Accruals by State
Accruals by City or County
Simplified Sick Leave Plans
Exclude Cities in a County
Sick Leave Support Series Articles
Accruals Setup Video
Many Sick and Safe Time laws vary depending on business size. Avionte’s sick leave accruals are set to the highest rate.
All of Avionte’s sick leave accruals display fractions of hours as they are earned.
Avionte’s standard sick leave accruals for cities will map to the city listed on the employee’s assignment work-site address.
Avionte’s standard sick leave accruals do not automatically apply to employees working in any of the qualified jurisdictions.
Avionte’s standard sick leave accruals do not automatically zero-out an employee’s balance after they expire nor do they reinstate hours after an employee is hired.
Auto-Insert Accrual Plan
To have standard active sick accrual leave plans inserted automatically (accrual bank plans do not auto- insert) on the employee accrual when closing a time entry batch:
- Navigate to Start Page > Actions Menu > Admin Tools > Category = System
- Double-click Config Option. The System | Config Option window displays.
- Click the Config Option By FKName tab.
- In the Property column search cell, search for AFterTimeEntryBatchCloseSP
- Click the ConfigOptionValue cell to enter a value.
- Enter "STD_InsertEmployeeAccrual_Sickleave" into the cell.
- Tab off the field to save the value. When time entry batches are closed, employee accruals will now add automatically.
- This Config Option will not automatically insert the accrual plan for employees who are being processed for non-W2 transactions.
- This Config Option will auto-insert on the employee for all standard accrual plans that are active in Admin Tools. It works for standard, Avionte-created sick leave accruals, but not Custom Accrual Plans OR Bank Plans.
Avionté’s Standard Sick Leave Accruals
Avionté provides accrual/bank plans according to paid sick leave according to state, county, and city requirements.
Accruals by Location
|Federal - US||COVID 19 - Emergency FMLA (Bank Plan)||
Creates a "bucket" of 480 hours of paid sick time (60 days, 12 weeks)
Time Entry and Payroll DRMs to warn users when the plan's hours or maximum dollar amounts are reached:
For more information on the COVID-19 set up, go here.
|Federal - US||COVID 19 – Emergency Paid Sick Leave (Bank Plan)||
Creates a "bucket" of 80 hours of paid sick time (10 days, 2 weeks)
| Time Entry and Payroll DRMs to warn users when the plan's hours or maximum dollar amounts are reached:
For more information on the COVID-19 set up, go here.
|Arizona||Sick Leave_AZ||One hour of sick time accrued for every 30 hours worked. May need to wait 90 days after initial employment before use.||Sick time available and any sick time taken in a given period must be recorded on an employee's paycheck, or in an attachment to the paycheck.|
|British Columbia||British Columbia COVID-19 Leave (Bank)||Initial Balance of 24 hours, 0 carryover, max hours to use is 24.||
Effective May 20, 2021, you can take up to 3 paid sick days if you need to stay home because of COVID-19.
If you do not currently provide employees paid sick leave, the Province will reimburse you up to $200 a day through the Employer Reimbursement Program for COVID-19-related paid sick leave wages paid to an employee. For each employee, you can be reimbursed for up to 3 days of paid leave.
|California||Sick Leave_CA||One hour of sick time accrued for every 30 hours worked. May need to wait 90 days after initial employment before use.||Employers must provide written notice of sick leave available for employee's use.|
|California||CA COVID-19 Leave (Bank Plan)||The initial Balance of 80 hours, 0 carryover, max hours to use is 80.||• Location: California
• Accrual Plan: CA COVID-19 Leave
• Effective Date: 1/1/2021
• Initial Balance: 80
• Days before use: 0
• Gap Days: 365
• Max Hours Use in 1 year: 80
• Max Accrual Balance: 80
• Yearly Limit: 80
• Allowed Carry Over Hours: 0
|California||CA COVID-19 Supplemental Sick Leave - Variable||
Initial Balance based on the formula, 0 carry over, max hours to use is based on initial balance.
1. Part-time covered employee who works variable hours, the covered employee may take 14x the average number of hours the covered employee worked each day for the employer in the 6 months preceding the date the covered employee took 2021 COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave.
2. If the part-time covered employee has worked for the employer for fewer than 6 months, this calculation would be done over the entire period that the covered employee has worked for the employer.
3. A covered emaployee who is newly hired (i.e., hired 14 days or less) and works variable hours will be entitled to the number of 2021 COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave hours that they have worked in the preceding 2 weeks.
|Although the law was signed on March 19, 2021, the requirement for an employer to provide 2021 COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave does not start until March 29, 2021. Beginning on March 29, the requirement to provide 2021 COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave goes back to January 1, 2021, which means that covered employees who took qualifying leave between January 1, 2021 and March 28, 2021, can request payment for that leave if it was not paid by the employer in the amount that is required under this law.|
|Colorado||CO Public Health Emergency Leave (Bank Plan)||The initial Balance of 80 hours, unlimited carryover, max hours to use is 80.||
|Colorado||Sick Leave_CO||One hour of sick time accrued for every 30 hours worked. Begin to accrue on the employee’s start date or the law's effective date, whichever is later. 180 days gap in service. Max 48 hours can use. Yearly limit 48. Carryover of 48 hours.|
|Connecticut||Sick Leave_CT||One hour of sick time accrued for every 40 hours worked. May need to work 680 hours before use.||Avionté is set to calculate days before use, not hours. Assuming 40 hours workweek, number of days before use is set to 85.|
|Maine||Sick Leave_ME||One hour of sick time accrued for every 40 hours worked. 365 days for a gap in service. Max hours they can use is 40. Yearly limit of 40 hours. Carryover of 40 hours.|
|Maryland||Sick Leave_MD||One hour of sick time accrued for every 30 hours worked.|
|Massachusetts||MA Covid Leave - FT||Initial Balance 40, 0 carry over, max hours to use 40 hours||
|Massachusetts||MA Covid Leave - PT||Initial Balance 0 (see manual calculation instructions), 0 carry over, max hours to use 0 hours||
|Massachusetts||MA Covid Leave - Var||Initial Balance 0 (see manual calculation instructions), 0 carry over, max hours to use 0 hours||
|Massachusetts||Sick Leave_MA||One hour of sick time accrued for every 30 hours worked. May need to wait 90 days after initial employment before use.||Gaps days vary due to level of employment within a year. Avionte has defaulted the largest gap period, 365 days.|
|Michigan||Sick Leave_MI||One hour of sick time accrued for every 35 hours worked. May need to wait 90 days after initial employment before use.||
|Nevada||Sick Leave_NV||Please Note: This is a leave plan, not sick leave, but very similar in how it accrues.|
1. NV Single-Dose Vaccination Leave (Bank Plan)
1. Single-Dose Plan = 2 hour leave bank
2. Two-Dose Plan = 4 hour leave bank
Employers with 50 or more employees in Nevada provide their employees with up to four hours of paid leave to obtain their own COVID-19 vaccination.
- The amount of vaccine paid leave an employer must provide depends on whether the employee receives a one or two dose COVID-19 vaccine. An employee receiving a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine would be able to take up to two consecutive hours off for each dose, for a total of four hours of paid leave. An employee receiving a one-dose vaccine would be able to take up to two consecutive hours off, for a total of two hours of paid leave.
- Effective June 9, 2021, and is set to expire on December 31, 2023
|New Jersey||Sick Leave_NJ||One hour of sick time accrued for every 30 hours worked. May need to wait 120 days after initial employment before use.|
|New York||Sick Leave_NY||One hour of sick time accrued for every 30 hours worked.|
1. NYS Single-Dose Vaccination Leave
2. NYS Two-Dose Vaccination Leave
1. Single-Dose Plan = 4 hour leave bank
2. Two-Dose Plan = 8 hour leave bank
|This law became effective on March 12, 2021 and will remain in effect until December 31, 2022. The maximum number of hours that an employee is entitled to paid leave under this law depends on the number of required COVID-19 vaccine injections. If a COVID-19 vaccine requires two injections, then the employee would be entitled to two periods of paid leave of up to four hours each (which could be up to 8 hours in total).|
Ontario COVID-19 Leave (Bank)
Initial Balance 24, 0 carry over, max hours to use 40 hours.
|On April 29, 2021, the Ontario government introduced and passed new legislation, Bill 284, COVID-19 Putting Workers First Act, 2021 (the Bill) requiring employers to provide employees with three days of paid leave if they are absent from work for reasons related to COVID-19.
- The WIPB provides for employees to receive up to $200 a day for a maximum of three days of leave
- The WIPB would apply to leaves taken between April 19, 2021 and September 25, 2021
|Rhode Island||Sick Leave_RI||One hour of sick time accrued for every 35 hours worked. May need wait 180 days after initial employment before use.||
|Vermont||Sick Leave_VT||One hour of sick time accrued for every 52 hours worked. May need to wait 365 days after initial employment before use.||
|Washington||Sick Leave_WA||One hour of sick time accrued for every 40 hours worked. May need to wait 90 days after initial employment before use.|
|Washington D.C.||Sick Leave_DC||One hour of sick time accrued for every 37 hours worked. May need to wait 90 days after initial employment before use.|
|Washington, DC||Sick Leave_DC_COVID19 (Bank Plan)||
Accrued Sick and Safe Leave Act (ASSLA) amended to require employers with between 50 and 499 employees (other than “health care providers” as defined in the law) to provide eligible employees with up to 2 weeks (80 hours) of paid “public health emergency leave” at full pay for any reason for which paid leave is available under the federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
|D.C. recently passed some additional COVID Paid leave that is separate from our current FFCRA offerings. This is currently in effect. Thinking it is best to create an additional transaction type & accrual for it.|
Accruals by City or County
|California||Berkeley, CA||Sick Leave_CA_Berkeley|
|California||Emeryville, CA||Sick Leave_CA_Emeryville||Regulations state that a staffing agency's size will determine the amount of sick leave their employees are to receive. Avionte has accounted for the largest employer size.|
|California||Los Angeles, CA||Sick Leave_CA_LosAngeles|
Los Angeles (City Limits)
1. LA City FT Vaccine Leave - 1 Dose (Bank Plan)
2. LA City FT Vaccine Leave - 2 Dose (Bank Plan)
3. LA City PT Vaccine Leave = 1 Dose
4. LA City PT Vaccine Leave - 2 Dose
1. Single-Dose FT Plan = 12 hour leave bank
2. Two-Dose FT Plan = 16 hour leave bank
3. Single-Dose PT Plan = Up to the prorated amount of 12 hours based on the average number of hours worked in the 60 days preceding the injection
4. Two-Dose PT Plan = Up to the prorated amount of 16 hours based on the average number of hours worked in the 60 days preceding the injection
|Under the order, employees who work within the city of Los Angeles and have been employed by their employer for 60 days are entitled to paid time off to get vaccinated for COVID-19, including traveling to and from the appointment, as well as recovering from the side effects of vaccination, if it prevents the employee from being able to work or telework.
FT - 4 hours of additional paid leave per injection.
FT - Up to 8 hours of additional paid leave for recovery from vaccination-related side effects.
If the employee has exhausted leave under other sick leave allotments such as the city mandated supplemental paid sick leave
PT - Up to the prorated amount of 4 hours per injection based on the average number of hours worked in the 60 days preceding the injection.
PT - Up to the prorated amount of 8 hours for recovery from vaccination-related side effects
|California||Los Angeles County, CA||LA County FT Vaccine Leave – 1 Dose (4 hours)||Initial Balance 4, 0 carry over, max hours to use 4 hours|
|California||Los Angeles County, CA||LA County FT Vaccine Leave – 2 Dose (8 hours)||Initial Balance 8, 0 carry over, max hours to use 8 hours|
|California||Los Angeles County, CA||LA County PT Vaccine Leave – 1 Dose (calculated)||Initial Balance based on formula, 0 carry over, max hours to use is based on initial balance.|
|California||Los Angeles County, CA||LA County PT Vaccine Leave – 2 Dose (calculated)||Initial Balance based on formula, 0 carry over, max hours to use is based on initial balance.|
|California||Oakland, CA||Sick Leave_CA_Oakland|
|California||San Diego, CA||Sick Leave_CA_SanDiego|
|California||San Francisco, CA||Sick Leave_CA_SanFrancisco||Required to provide written notice of available sick leave to employee.|
|California||Santa Monica, CA||Sick Leave_CA_SantaMonica|
|Illinois||Chicago, IL||Sick Leave Chicago IL||One hour of sick time accrued for every 40 hours worked. May need to wait 180 days after initial employment before use.||If employee takes FMLA, they may be eligible for increased carry-over hours. Avionte's accrual plan is built for non-FMLA employees.|
|Illinois||Cook County, IL||Sick Leave Cook IL||One hour of sick time accrued for every 40 hours worked. May need to wait 180 days after initial employment before use.||If employee takes FMLA, they may be eligible for increased carry-over hours. Avionte's accrual plan is built for non-FMLA employees.|
|Maryland||Montgomery County, MD||Sick Leave Montgomery MD||Employer is required to provide written statement of available sick leave earned to employee each time wages are paid.|
|Minnesota||Duluth, MN||Sick Leave_MN_Duluth||One hour of sick time accrued for every 50 hours worked. May need to wait 90 days after initial employment before use.|
|Minnesota||Minneapolis, MN||Sick Leave_MN_Minneapolis|
|Minnesota||St Paul, MN||Sick Leave_MN_StPaul||Must provide employee copy of their time available and time used in writing, if requested.|
|New Jersey||Bloomfield, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Bloomfield|
|New Jersey||East Orange, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_EastOrange|
|New Jersey||Elizabeth, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Elizabeth|
|New Jersey||Irvington, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Irvington|
|New Jersey||Jersey City, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_JerseyCity|
|New Jersey||Montclair, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Montclair|
|New Jersey||Morristown, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Morristown|
|New Jersey||New Brunswick, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_NewBrunswick||One hour of sick time accrued for every 35 hours worked. May need to wait 120 days after initial employment before use.||Amount of sick leave available for use varies depending if employee is full or part time. Avionte's plan is built to accrue at full time (35+ hours) rate.|
|New Jersey||Newark, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Newark|
|New Jersey||Passaic, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Passaic|
|New Jersey||Paterson, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Paterson|
|New Jersey||Plainfield, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Plainfield|
|New Jersey||Trenton, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Trenton|
|New Mexico||Bernalillo County, NM||Sick Leave_Bernalillo NM||Applies for employees working in Geocode 32001||• Max Accrual updated to 28 from 24
• Yearly Limit updated to 28 from 24
|New York||New York, NY||Sick Leave_NY_NYCity||One hour of sick time accrued for every 30 hours worked. May need to wait 120 days after initial employment before use.||
Updates (required as of Jan 1, 2021 for employers w/ over 100 EEs):
Carryover limit = 56
Yearly limit = 56
Yearly Date Type = Calendar
Max Accrual Balance = 56
Update Law Info:
|New York||Westchester County, NY||Sick Leave_NY_Westchester||
|Pennsylvania||Allegheny County||Sick Leave_PA_Allegheny||
1 hour for every 35 hours worked
The notice requirements are effective 9/14/2021 but paid leave itself not effective until 90 days later.
The notice requirements are effective now (since Sept 14th) but paid leave itself not effective until 90 days later (Dec 13th)
|Pennsylvania||Philadelphia, PA||Sick Leave_PA_Philadelphia||One hour of sick time accrued for every 40 hours worked. May need to wait 90 days after initial employment before use.|
|Pennsylvania||Pittsburgh, PA||Sick Leave_PA_Pittsburgh||
|Texas||Austin, TX||Sick Leave_TX_Austin||Currently under an injunction by the Court of Appeals. Please speak to your legal counsel regarding latest updates on Austin sick leave.|
|Texas||Dallas, TX||Sick Leave_TX_Dallas||
|Texas||San Antonio, TX||Sick Leave_TX_San Antonio||One hour of sick time for every 30 hours worked.||Accrual cap varies on employer size. Avionté will always assume a larger employer putting the cap at 64 hours.
|Texas||San Antonio, TX||Sick Leave_TX_San Antonio||
One hour of sick time accrued for every 30 hours worked. May need to wait 60 days after initial employment before use.
Delayed implementation for very small employers. This Article shall become effective on August 1, 2021 for employers having no more than five (5) employees at any time in the preceding twelve (12) months.
|Washington||Seattle, WA||Sick Leave_WA_Seattle||One hour of sick time accrued for every 30 hours worked. May need to wait 180 days after initial employment before use.||Employer is required to provide written statement of available sick leave earned to employee each time wages are paid.|
|Washington||Spokane, WA||Sick Leave_WA_Spokane||One hour of sick time accrued for every 30 hours worked. May need towait 90 days after initial employment before use.||Employer is required to provide written statement of available sick leave earned to employee each time wages are paid, if requested.|
|Washington||Tacoma, WA||Sick Leave_WA_Tacoma||One hour of sick time accrued for every 40 hours worked. May need to wait 180 days after initial employment before use.||Gap days between employment is writen as 6 months in a calendar year, Avionte's plan simply utilizes any 6 month period.|
Simplified Sick Leave Plans
|Location||Accrual Plan||Effective Date||Hours to Accrue 1 hour||Days before Use||Gap Days||Max Hours Use in 1 yr||Max Accrual Balance||Yearly Limit||Allowed Carry Over Hours|
|California||CA COVID-19 Leave||1/1/2021||80||0||365||80||80||80||0|
|California||CA COVID-19 Supplemental Sick Leave - Variable||1/1/2021||N/A||0||0||Initial Balance||Based on formula*||Initial Balance||0|
|Colorado||CO Public Health Emergency Leave||1/1/2021||80||0||365||80||80||80||Unlimited|
|Colorado||Sick Leave_CO||1/1/2021||30||Begins to accrue on an employee’s start date or on the law's effective date, whichever is later.||180||48||Unlimited||48||48|
|Massachusetts||MA Covid Leave - FT||6/7/21 - 09/30/21||N/A||0||0||40||40||40||0|
|Massachusetts||MA Covid Leave - PT||6/7/21 - 09/30/21||N/A||0||0||Initial Balance***||Based on formula***||Initial Balance***||0|
|Massachusetts||MA Covid Leave - Var||6/7/21 - 09/30/21||N/A||0||0||Initial Balance***||Based on formula***||Initial Balance***||0|
|Nevada (leave)||Sick Leave_NV||01/01/2020||.01923/hour||90||90||40||Unlimited||Unlimited||40|
|New Jersey||Sick Leave_NJ||10/29/2018||30||120||183||40||Unlimited||40||40|
|New York||Sick Leave_NY||9/30/2020||30||Must wait until 01/01/2021 before use||Law doesn’t specify reinstatements||56||Unlimited||56||Unlimited|
|New York||NYS Single-Dose Vaccination Leave||03/12/2021||4||0||0||4||4||4||0|
|New York||NYS Two-Dose Vaccination Leave||03/12/2021||8||0||0||8||8||8||0|
|Rhode Island||Sick Leave_RI||7/1/2018||35||180||135||24||Unlimited||24||Unlimited|
|Washington D.C.||Sick Leave_DC||11/13/2008||37||90||365||56||56||56||Unlimited|
|Washington, D.C.||Sick Leave_DC_COVID19||04/10/2020||N/A - plan preloaded with 80 hours||Must work for employer 15 days before use||N/A||80||80||80||Unlimited|
|CITY||Berkeley, CA||Sick Leave_CA_Berkeley||10/1/2017||30||90||72||Unlimited||72|
|Emeryville, CA||Sick Leave_CA_Emeryville||7/2/2015||30||90||365||72||Unlimited||72|
|Los Angeles, CA||Sick Leave_CA_LosAngeles||7/1/2016||30||90||365||48||72||72|
|Oakland, CA||Sick Leave_CA_Oakland||3/2/2015||30||90||365||72||Unlimited||72|
|San Diego, CA||Sick Leave_CA_SanDiego||7/11/2016||30||90||180||40||80||Unlimited|
|San Francisco, CA||Sick Leave_CA_SanFrancisco||2/5/2007||30||90||365||72||Unlimited||72|
|Santa Monica, CA||Sick Leave_CA_SantaMonica||1/1/2017||30||90||40||48||48||40|
|Chicago, IL||Sick Leave Chicago IL||7/1/2017||40||180||90||40||Unlimited||40||20|
|Duluth, MN||Sick Leave_MN_Duluth||1/1/2020||50||90||90||40||Unlimited||64||40|
|Minneapolis, MN||Sick Leave_MN_Minneapolis||7/1/2017||30||90||90||80||48||80|
|St Paul, MN||Sick Leave_MN_StPaul||7/1/2017||30||90||90||80||48||80|
|Bloomfield, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Bloomfield||7/1/2015||30||90||180||40||Unlimited||40||40|
|East Orange, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_EastOrange||1/7/2015||30||90||180||40||Unlimited||40||40|
|Elizabeth, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Elizabeth||3/2/2016||30||90||180||40||Unlimited||40||40|
|Irvington, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Irvington||1/28/2015||30||90||180||40||Unlimited||40||40|
|Jersey City, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_JerseyCity||1/24/2014||30||90||180||40||Unlimited||40||40|
|Montclair, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Montclair||3/4/2015||30||90||180||40||Unlimited||40||40|
|Morristown, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Morristown||1/11/2017||30||90||180||40||Unlimited||40||40|
|New Brunswick, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_NewBrunswick||1/6/2016||35||120||180||40||Unlimited||40||40|
|Newark, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Newark||6/21/2014||30||90||180||40||Unlimited||40||40|
|Passaic, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Passaic||1/1/2015||30||90||180||40||Unlimited||40||40|
|Paterson, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Paterson||1/8/2015||30||90||180||40||Unlimited||40||40|
|Plainfield, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Plainfield||7/15/2016||30||90||180||40||Unlimited||40||40|
|Trenton, NJ||Sick Leave_NJ_Trenton||3/4/2015||30||90||180||40||Unlimited||40||40|
|New York, NY||Sick Leave_NY_NYCity||4/1/2014||30||120||180||40||Unlimited||40||40|
|Philadelphia, PA||Sick Leave_PA_Philadelphia||5/13/2015||40||90||40||Unlimited||40|
|Austin, TX||Sick Leave_TX_Austin||10/1/2018||Didn't go into effect yet|
|San Antonio, TX||Sick Leave_TX_San Antonio||12/1/2019||30||0||180||64||Unlimited||64||64|
|Seattle, WA||Sick Leave_WA_Seattle||9/1/2012||30||180||213||72||Unlimited||Unlimited||72|
|Spokane, WA||Sick Leave_WA_Spokane||1/1/2017||30||90||40||Unlimited||40|
|Tacoma, WA||Sick Leave_WA_Tacoma||2/1/2016||40||180||180||40||Unlimited||24||24|
|Pittsburgh, PA||Sick Leave_PA_Pittsburgh||3/15/2020||35||90||180||40||40||40||40|
|COUNTY||Cook County, IL||Sick Leave Cook IL||7/1/2017||40||180||40||Unlimited||40||20|
|Los Angeles County, CA||LA County FT Vaccine Leave – 1 Dose (4 hours)||N/A||N/A||0||0||4||4||4||0|
|Los Angeles County, CA||LA County FT Vaccine Leave – 2 Dose (8 hours)||N/A||N/A||0||0||8||8||8||0|
|Los Angeles County, CA||LA County PT Vaccine Leave – 1 Dose (calculated)||N/A||N/A||0||0||Based on formula**||Based on formula**||Based on formula**||0|
|Los Angeles County, CA||LA County PT Vaccine Leave – 2 Dose (calculated)||N/A||N/A||0||0||Based on formula**||Based on formula**||Based on formula**||0|
|Montgomery County, MD||Sick Leave Montgomery MD||10/1/2016||30||90||270||80||Unlimited||56||56|
|San Bernalillo, NM||Sick Leave_ Bernalillo NM||10/1/2020||32||90||365||24||28||28||Unlimited|
|Westchester County, NY||Sick Leave_NY_Westchester||3/30/2019||30||90||270||40||40||40||40|
Please note: The Nevada plan is not exclusively a sick leave plan. However, since it operates much like other legislated sick leave plans, Avionté has delivered it as an accrual plan and documented it above.
* Formula Calculations for CA COVID-19 Supplemental Sick Leave - Variable
- For any employee who worked for less than 14 days
- (total hours / 14) * 14 = the expected balance
- For any employee who worked for over 14 days, but averaged less than 40 hours a week:
- (total hours / total days) * 14 = the expected balance
- For any employee who averaged over 40 hours per week, regardless of how long they have worked:
The expected balance should be 80.
** Formula Calculations for LA County, CA Vaccine Leave
PT employees’ hours are based on their normally scheduled work hours over the two-week period preceding the injection. It will be 1/10th of the average number of hours worked.
An example would be if they worked an average of 35 hours the pervious two weeks. The 1-dose plan would allow 3.5 hours. The 2-dose plan would allow 7 hours.
*** Formula Calculations for MA Covid Leave - PT and MA Covid Leave - Var:
- MA Covid Leave - PT: An employee who works less than 40 hours a week, but maintains a regular schedule with consistent hours per week, shall be provided COVID-19 emergency paid sick leave that is equal to the number of hours that such employee works per week, on average over a 14-day period of such regular schedule.
- MA Covid Leave - Var: An employee whose schedule and weekly hours worked vary from week to week, such employee shall be provided COVID-19 emergency paid sick leave that: (A) is equal to the average number of hours that the employee was scheduled to work per week over the 6-month period immediately preceding the date on which such employee takes the COVID-19 emergency paid sick leave, including hours for which such employee took leave of any type; or (B) if the employee did not work over such 6-month period, is equal to the reasonable expectation of the employee at the time of hiring of the average number of hours per week that the employee would normally be scheduled to work.
Exclude Cities in a County
If there are any cities in the county that shouldn’t get the sick leave accrual plan to accrue for, a Supplier Property will be created.
- Go to the Supplier / Company that you would like to exclude Cities from.
- On the Detail tab, go to the Supplier Properties section
- Check if a property already exists; if not then add the necessary Property
- Click here for adding a new Property
- Example using the Property: Cook IL County Excluded Cities_14031
- Click Edit button to add/edit the Cities to exclude
Value column = comma separated list of all the cities in that county to exclude from the accruing
- Enter commas between each City name.
- Do not try to 'Check Spelling' since it may change your City names
- Verify the City names
- Click OK
Sick Leave Support Series Articles
A support series of articles that outlines how to set up sick leave has been added to the Knowledge Base. See the direct links below for more information about a specific section.
- Sick Leave Setup
- Sick Leave DRM Setup
- Adding Employee Accrual Plans
- Handling Sick Leave Accruals
- Managing Accrual Plans and Balances
Ensure your Avionté application is able to handle sick leave accruals by confirming the following:
- Transaction Types have been set up and added to the Accrual plan.
- Accrual Plans have been activated.
- DRMs have been activated.
- Self-Hosted clients must contact Avionté Technical Services to request sick leave procedures and DRM processing methods be made available.
- Hosted clients do not need to request sick leave procedures be made available, as these procedures and processing methods will automatically install to environments.
- Worksite address contains the correct city name.
- Pay stub has been verified. If using a custom pay stub, request the necessary changes to the custom pay stub.
- Accrual-related user permissions have been specified.
- Ensure general compliance (outside of the Avionté application) has been met.
Accruals Setup Video