The Email Profile section, accessible from the Email section, allows for additional email profiles to be set up. These profiles can be used to send out mass mails, text messages, or other emails where using a personal email address would be undesirable. An email profile must be set up to use the email features.
Other features such as Text Messaging and Mass Mail also utilize the Email Profile. For more information, click the Text Messaging and Mass Mail help page links.
If you are using a version of Avionté that is 15.1 or newer, are hosted, or do not see the all of the fields in the Email Profile wizard (as shown in screenshots below), see the Email - Profile (Version 15.1 & Newer) help page.
Note: Users will only have access to profiles they have created or that have been shared with their account.
Adding or Modifying an Email Profile
- From the Start Page, navigate to Actions > Email Profile or from the Main Menu, navigate to Email > Actions > Email Profile. The Email Profile wizard appears.
- From the Actions menu, choose Create Profile or click the Create Profile shortcut button (if set up). This will bring up the Email Profile wizard.
- On the Email Profile tab, enter the following information:
Field Description Additional Information Profile Name Enter a name for this email profile. Email Address Enter the email address for this profile. User Name Enter the user name you'd like for this profile. Password Enter the password you would like to have for accessing this profile. This should be the mail domain password that you already use.
Note: If the password for the email account changes, it will need to be updated in Avionté.
Retype Password Confirm the password you created in the field above. Reply To Email Address Set up an email address where replies will go. Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) Obtain this information from your administrator. Outgoing Mail Server Port Obtain this information from your administrator. Enable SSL Discuss with your administrator whether or not to enable SSL. Avionté uses the Microsoft System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient object that supports SSL, however it only supports Explicit SSL and not Implicit SSL.
- The HTML tab can be used to add additional items such as images, or social networking links as necessary. For more information on this, see the Email Signature section below.
- Click Next to continue to the Share Profile tab.
- On the Share Profile tab you can select the users you want to share this email profile with. Across the top are three buttons that provide options for selecting users. Those options are:
Select All Users From My Branch Share this profile with all users at your branch. Select All Users From My Supplier Share this profile with all the users at your supplier. Deselect All Unselect all users.
- Once you have selected the users with whom you would like to share this profile, click Finish to save. The email profile will appear in the grid.
- To test the email profile, click the pencil icon, . The Email Profile wizard appears.
Note: An email profile needs to be saved before attempting to send a test email.
- Click the Send Test Email button to send a test email.
If the email account password changes, it will need to be updated in Avionté. If the password is not updated, email functionality will not work and users will receive an error message stating that “The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated….”
- Navigate to the Email profile by navigating from the Start Page > Actions > Email Profile
- Enter the updated password in both password fields.
- Click Finish.
- To confirm that the password has been updated correctly, go to the Email Profile and click Send Test Email.
Note: Save your changes before attempting to send a test email. If the profile has not been saved, the changes will not be applied to the test email.
The email signature is located at the bottom of the Email Profile wizard, in the "Signature" panel.
- From the Main Menu, navigate to Email > Profile.
- Click on the pencil icon, , to the far right of the row for the profile that needs to be updated.
- The Email Profile wizard opens.
- When the signature has been updated, click Next.
- Select the users that the email profile should be shared with by placing a checkmark in the box under the "Select" column for their username.
- Click Finish.
Signature Formatting Tips/Tricks
|Do NOT copy and paste your email signature from another source (i.e. Outlook, Google docs, etc.)||These applications contain proprietary information that can lead to unexpected formatting and in some cases can cause the signature to lose its edit-ability. If this happens contact the Avionté Support Center.|
|Remove white space.||When adding your signature text, press Enter on your keyboard to move your cursor to the next line, leaving white space between rows. Press Shift + Enter on your keyboard to make the white space narrower between rows.|
|Enhance the text.||Use the toolbar in the editor to select fonts, color, sizes and styles to enhance aspects of the text in the e-mail signature.|
|Add an email address.||
To add an email address to an e-mail profile, type the email address. It is automatically set up with a 'mail to' and doesn't require editing in the HTML tab.
|Add a link.||
URLs are automatically set up as links, and do not require editing in the HTML tab. Simply add the URL in a "http://www.yourwebsitehere.com" format.
|Add hidden link.||
Hidden links are links to external websites that don't follow the obvious URL format (http://www.yourwebsitehere.com) format. Instead, they may appear as text that says "Click here." To add a hidden link:
Add a Graphic
- Save the graphic or photo to an internet accessible location, that is NOT the local PC.
- Copy the URL, including the graphic name, i.e. http://www.tester.com/graphics/logo.png
- Select the HTML tab.
- Type the following HTML with the URL of the graphic in this format:
<img src = http://www.tester.com/graphics/logo.png>
- Return to the Design tab to view the graphic in the signature.