This feature was built for I-9 compliance purposes.
This function will purge employees I-9 documents that are 3 years old or 1 year after employment, whichever is later. This ensures that only employees who have not worked in over a year will have their documents deleted.
Please be aware that the date ranges are based on Week Worked.
The following updates should be made to the 1-9 Purge logic.
- Never dispose of a current employee’s Form I-9; you must keep it for as long as the employee works for you.
- When an employee stops working, that is when the calculation for retention comes into play.
- 3 years after the date of hire or one year after the date employment ends, whichever is later.
This ensures that only employees who have not worked in over a year will have their documents deleted.
- Definition of hire date: Use first date of employment on the form.
- If they worked for less than two years, retain their form for three years after the date you entered in the First Day of Employment field.
- If they worked for more than two years, retain their form for one year after the date they stop working for you.
Note: The select boxes have been removed as the logic will do both to return the items that qualify to be purged.
Access the tool
The tool deletes (purges) the desired I-9 Documents (from Employee > Certifications). The results of the purge will be displayed in the Purge Log list. The list shows a count of individual employees that had their I-9 Document purged, not details.
- Click on the Admin Tools button
- Double click on Data Management
- The Avionté Data Management screen will appear.
- Select a Supplier from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Purge button
- You will receive a message that the I9 Purge was successful as well as the number of documents purged.
- Click on the OK button
- The Supplier and Purge information will be in the I9 Purge Log list.
Please sign in to leave a comment.