We have the option to print checks for garnishments or lien with the same agency separately. With this change, we no longer need to create a new batch for each individual check.
- You can create multiple Agencies in the agency section.
- You have the option of setting up an agency type of Staffing, Supplier Vendor, or Deduction Authorities.
- In the Agency Service Info section, you can confirm that the staffing supplier vendor agency does not have separate checks by garnishment type checkbox.
- In the Agency Service Info section, you can confirm that the deduction authority agencies do have separate checks by garnishment type checkbox.
Transaction Type setup
- You can create new transaction types > permanent deduction and set up category > Garnishment. You can share new transaction types with all branches.
How to Set up garnishments on employee record
- Set the amount that needs to be deducted on the paycheck.
- Set the agency drop down on deductions to the right agency, that has the checks checkbox checked.
- Set the start date and end date as needed.
To generate AP Bill items:
You need to set the value of GeneratePayrollRelatedAuthorityBills to true.
Location: Admin Tools > Config Option > property "GeneratePayrollRelatedAuthorityBills"
Once Employees are assigned to an order, generate transactions for your two employees. Add hours, and then close the time entry batch.
Go to payroll and select your transactions into a batch. Process, print, and post the batch.
After the payroll batch for employees posts, create a second payroll batch. In the new payment batch wizard, make sure you select Deduction Authority Pay as the run type. Select transactions to view items to select (amounts of the deductions).
Process the payroll batch and view the checks
- For an agency that has separate checks configured, there should be individual checks for each deduction type.
- For an agency that does not have separate checks configured, there should be one Check. The net amount should equal the sum of deductions for that employee.
Please sign in to leave a comment.