A new standard export, import, and report is available, to allow for the use of SSNVS.
The Social Security Number Verification Service (SSNVS) is one of the services offered by Social Security Administration's (SSA) Business Services Online (BSO). It allows registered users (employers and certain third-party submitters) to verify the names and Social Security Numbers (SSNs) of employees against SSA records.
With SSNVS, you may:
- Verify up to 10 names and SSNs online and receive immediate results. There is no limit to the number of times the SSN Verification web page may be used within a session.
- Upload electronic files of up to 250,000 names and SSNs and usually receive results the next government business day.
- The export file is limited to 250,000 names and SSNs
- When the following information is changed for the employee, they should be sent in the next file
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Limit to Active Assignments
Setup & User Access
Both feeds and the report are setup in Admin Tools > Reports.
The export pulls employee data for employees who are actively assigned under the selected Staffing Supplier in the parameter value drop-down list. The export file needs to be uploaded to the SSA via their Business Services Online portal.
The SSNVS export can be run from the Weekly Process main menu > Import/Export tab.
Steps to run export
- Select the SSNVS Export feed.
- Select the Staffing Supplier parameter value.
- Browse for where the file should be exported to.
- Click Process File.
The verification results file is downloadable from the Status and Retrieval Results web page on the SSA website. The import updates the verification status of each employee that was previously exported to the SSA.
The SSNVS import can be run from the Import Export main menu.
Steps to run import
- Create a new batch.
- Select the Mapping Group as SSN Verification Import.
- The Processing Method will auto-populate with SSNVS Import.
- Enter a Description.
- Browse for the import file.
- Indicate if the import file contains column headers.
- Click Finish.
- Click Process Import Export Batch.
SSNVS Results AQ Report
Once the verification results file is imported, the results can be viewed from the SSNVS Results AQ.
The SSNVS Results AQ can be run from the Reports main menu.
Steps to run report
- Select Staffing Supplier parameter value.
- You can run the report for an individual employee using the Employee Name, SSN, or EmployeeID parameters.
- Select the Verification Result parameter value.
- Click Run Query.