Configuring Daily Pay
The following process will step you through how to configure daily pay.
To be able to make daily payments to an employee, you’ll have to configure both the Customer and the Order sections in Front Office.
- From the Front Office go to the Customer > Sales & Service > Service Info tab.
2. Select "CurrentWeek" from the Daily Pay Option dropdown.
Avionté's best practice when paying employees the same day that they work is to select Current Week, which will record payment for today's date. Using the Open Week option will use the Accounting Period dates, paying the employee following the second work week.
The next step is to configure the pay period frequency.
Configure Pay Frequency
- In the Front Office, go to the Order > Detail > Basic Info tab.
2. From the Pay Period dropdown select "Daily" (the pay period determines the taxation of the payroll taxes).
Note: This setup will apply to all Assignments attached to this Order.
Processing Daily Pay
Once the configuration is complete, you can now pay an employee's daily pay.
- Navigate to Time Entry, select the Accounting Period, and click on "Create Transaction."
- Once all the needed transactions are created, click on "Show Sheet View" to view the transactions.
3. Search for the employee(s) you would like to enter hours for. If a batch is not already assigned to the record, this will automatically create a batch for you once hours are entered.
4. Go through the process of closing the batch that you’re running the day's Daily pay for. This is done by clicking the "Close Batch" button.
5. A pop-up will display indicating that the system has closed the batch. If errors occur, please review the errors and make the necessary corrections and close the batch again.
6. Navigate to Payroll and create a New Batch by clicking the button.
7. Once the batch has been created, it will bring you back to the Payroll Home page. From there, click the ‘Select Transaction’ button.
8. In the Group By dropdown, select Employee Name.
9. From the list, select all the employees for whom you have entered Daily hours, that you want to pay.
10. Click on Save & Close.
11. Next, click on the Process button.
A pop-up will display indicating that the Payroll processing has been completed. If errors occur, please review the errors and make the necessary corrections and process the batch again.
12. Click on the Print Checks button.
Update the Actions as necessary and click Print Checks.
A pop-up will appear asking if all checks were printed.
A second pop-up will appear saying that the Payroll Batch has been posted.
If and or when you need to pay hours for the next day, navigate back to Time Entry and click on Show Sheet View.
- Search for the employee(s) you would like to enter hours for the day and enter the hours.
- Because you have already processed a batch for the employee, you’ll have to create a new transaction for the employee. This is done by right-clicking on the employee’s current record and selecting Copy Transaction.
2. A pop-up will appear where you can modify the new transaction types if necessary. Click Finish.
3. A new record will be created where you can enter hours for the next day. If a batch is not already assigned to the record, the system will automatically create a batch for you.
4. Follow the same process mentioned above to close the batch.
5. Once the batch has been closed, navigate to Payroll and follow the same process to complete the payment for the employee(s).
Follow the same process above should you need to pay Daily Pay for additional days in the week.
Image: Reviewing checks
Another way of processing pay daily is to use the Instant Pay feature.