In Avionté, users have the ability to configure the minimum wage for localities within a state. The city name must match exactly for the system to apply the limit.
Users have the ability to:
- Define the taxing authority.
Define the dollar amount for minimum wage.
Define start and end dates.
Configure DRM's that will warn the recruiter during time entry when a talent works in the specified location and their pay is less than what is specified (between the start and end effective dates).
Note: When no minimum wage is defined for the location, Avionté will use the state and then Federal minimum wage as a default.
- If no City is defined it should use State settings
- If no City or State is defined it should use the Federal settings
Locality -> State -> Country
Setting Local (City) Minimum Wages
1. Navigate to Admin Tools> Employer> Locality/Country tab
2. Create new state row.
3. Create city Entry/entries under the state.
4. Determine the start and end dates.
Note: You can not have overlapping dates.
5. Set up the Data Requirement Message (DRM); tbv_RegPayrateBelowLocalityMinimumWage
This will verify if the employee is working in the City. If there is a match on the name exactly, then it will check against that limit. It only checks the REG type pay rate. It will also check the calculated pay rate to make sure that it meets the City minimum wage. That calculation is:
(GROSS REG ITEM PAY + (GROSS OT ITEM PAY / 1.5) + (GROSS OT ITEM PAY / 2)) / REG HOURS + OT HOURS + DT HOURS
To set up the DRM, go to Admin Tools> System> Data Requirement Message.
To learn more about Avionté DRMs, view Admin Tools: Data Requirement Messages