Avionté Support Series:
Configuring Avionté to Accommodate Tip Income
This article is Part Five in series that describes the setup and use of the Avionté system to accomodate tips as a form of employee income.
Include Deductions for Tips When Processing Payroll
Deductions for tips received as cash are entered in the Payroll Check Edit wizard during the payroll process. This article assumes the reader understands the payroll process. For more information on processing payroll, see Process Payroll.
Note: The value of the check will be $0.00 if the deduction is greater than the total hourly income earned by the employee.
- Create a payroll batch.
- Select the transaction.
- Process the batch.
- View the check by clicking the View Paychecks button or selecting View Paychecks from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Click the Edit button in the Edit column to open the Payroll Check Edit wizard.
- Click the Deductions tab.
- Locate the row for Tips(Deductions).
- Click in the Amount field for the Tips(Deductions) row.
- Enter the amount that the employee has received as cash tips.
- Click the Save and Close button.
- Complete the payroll process by printing and posting the payroll batch.
Note: Processing the batch again will reset the deduction to $1.