When a paycheck reversal is processed, transactions may need to be adjusted. If the Generate Original Pay Units box was checked when the check reversal or check void was processed, the transactions (units, quantities, etc.) will need to be adjusted in Time Entry.
An employee's hours can be corrected in Time Entry after processing a check reversal or void.
- From the Main Menu, navigate to Back Office > Time Entry
- Select an accounting period from the drop-down menu.
- Select the corrected batch from the drop-down menu. A correction batch will have been created through the reversal process. In the description, it will say "PaycheckCorrection."
- Click Show Sheetview either from the shortcuts or the Actions drop-down menu.
- Locate the paycheck reversal batch by searching under the "Batch ID" column to filter results.
- Enter the correct hours that the employee worked by clicking in the cell with the hours that need to be adjusted. The only information that should be updated are the Pay Units. The Bill Units cell and the Pay Rate cell should have zero values.
- Once the hours have been changed, close the Time Entry batch as normal and process the transaction through Payroll. For more information on processing payroll, see the Process Payroll help article.
The Advance Bank will only reflect the difference of the amount that is owed to the employee, or that the employee owes.