Details on each transaction are listed in the grid. The data in the grid sources from information entered on the Employee, Customer, Assignment and Order summary sections of Avionté. The Time Entry data is imported from the portals, mobile sales app, or another Time Entry source.
Create a batch that is open and active. See the Time Entry - Batch article for more information.
Access Time Entry - Sheet View
- From the Main Menu, navigate to Back Office > Time Entry.
- Select an accounting period from the Accounting Period drop-down menu.
- There are three ways to access Sheet View. Once Time Entry - Sheet View is opened, the transactions associated with the time period will display in the grid.
- Click Sheet View from the sub-menu.
- Click Show SheetView from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Click Show SheetView from the Shortcuts menu, if it has been added.
Organize Sheet View
When Sheet View is first opened, all of the transactions display alphabetically by the employee's last name.
Sheet View can be organized by grouping and filtering the transactions. This makes it easy to view specific groups of information and make changes.
Create a Group
- Select a column to group the transactions by.
- Click on the column header.
- Drag the column header into the area directly above the columns where it says "Drag a column header here to group by that column." Collapsible categories will appear in the grid.
- Click the + to the left of the category name to expand the section.
Add Additional Groups
- Follow steps 1-3 in the Create a Group section above to add another item to group by.
- The relationship between the groups will appear at the top of the window in a parent/child format.
The column name shown at the top of the grouping is the first set of criteria used to group the data. The column name shown below is the next set of criteria used to group the data. Click the + button to reveal the grouped data.
- Drag the columns until the data is grouped as expected.
Remove a Group
- Click the column header in the top bar that should be removed.
- Either drag the column header down and insert it in between two other column headers or move it above toward the top of the application and let go when the black X appears. Both of these will remove this column from the grouped view.
- Locate a column that contains the data that should be filtered.
- Either enter a filter keyword in the blank space directly under the column header or select a value from the drop-down menu.
- Once selected, the filtered data will display.
Time Entry Field Chooser
Using the Time Entry Field Chooser
- Locate the field chooser icon, in the upper left corner of the screen. The field chooser screen will display.
- Place a checkmark next to the columns/fields that should be included in the grid. For more information on the columns/fields that can be added, see the Field Chooser Descriptions table below. Once checked, the column will display immediately.
- When all of the columns/fields have been added, click the little "X" in the corner to close the window.
Field Chooser Descriptions
|Assignment ID||Identification number for a particular assignment.|
|Batch ID||Identification number for a particular batch.|
|Bill Rate||The rate at which the entity is billed.|
|Bill to Name||The name of the entity being billed.|
|Bill Unit||The number of units for which an entity is being billed.|
|BOLD Job ID||Employee's AviontéBOLD Job ID (for clients using AviontéBOLD)|
|BOLD Placement ID||Employee's BOLD Placement ID|
|BOLD Talent ID||Employee's BOLD Talent ID|
|BOLD Timesheet ID||Employee's BOLD Timesheet ID|
|Branch||The branch to which this data is associated.|
|Department Name||The department to which the data is attached.|
|Document Count||Indicates the number of documents attached to the entry.|
|Employee||The name of the employee.|
|Employee ID||The employee's identification number.|
|Has Daily Item||Indicates that time is entered daily.|
|Item Bill||The total amount being billed on the entry.|
|Item Pay||The total amount being paid on the entry.|
|Job Position||Name of the position for this entry.|
Order type classification transactions.
A way to easily identify Direct Hire transactions only so that they can be processed separately.
|Pay Rate||The rate of pay associated with the entry.|
|Pay Unit||The number of units being paid out.|
|Payee Name||The name of the entity being paid.|
|PO Number||The purchase order number assigned to the employee.|
|Shift Name||The name of the shift worked.|
|Short Name||A short identifier given to the order.|
|Sort Order||Number indicating the entry's order on a list.|
|SSN||Social Security Number for the employee associated with the entry.|
|Staffing Order ID||Identification number for the order.|
|Total Days Worked||The total number of days worked.
Note: This field will auto-populate time entry data entered through a portal.
|Type||Refers to the type of hours worked (i.e. regular, overtime, etc.)|
|Week Worked||Indicates the final day of the week when the work took place.|
Update or Enter Time and Related Information
While many of the fields must be edited at the Employee, Customer, Assignment and Order level, it is possible to edit some of this information in Time Entry - Sheet View. It is possible to enter time or update existing information in Sheet View. Pay Unit, Bill Unit, Pay Rate, Bill Rate, and Week Worked columns can be updated for each employee.
- Ensure that the batch you are entering time for is open and active. If a batch does not exist, create a new batch. For instructions on creating a new batch, see the Time Entry - Batch article.
- Click the drop-down menu in the upper left corner. The drop-down menu will display all open batches the logged-in user created by default.
To view batches created by other Avionté users, click the Options drop-down menu and select either the Also Other Users Batches or Also Closed Batches to include batches that meet those criteria.
- In the grid, locate the employee that needs to have their time card updated.
To configure the columns in the grid, see the Time Entry Field Chooser section.
- Click the field to highlight it and enable editing.
- Update the field.
- Press Tab on the keyboard to save the information.
- Repeat these steps for each employee to ensure that the time entered is correct.
- Click Verify Batch at the top of the window. If there are issues with the batch, view the Errors and Warnings tab to resolve any issues.
- Click Close Batch to close the batch. The only time you can see this is in payroll and billing.
If any information is edited after the batch has been closed, the batch will reopen. If payroll and billing has not been completed for a transaction, the batch can be edited in either Card or Sheet View. The Time Entry batch will reopen and needs to be re-verified and closed.
Create Billing Transactions
A billing transaction is used to bill clients for transactions that are not associated to a specific employee's time. A Billing Transactions can be used to bill clients for drug tests, background checks, etc. These transactions are not linked to a specific assignment or order.
Billing Transactions appear at the top of the grid because they are not tied to a specific employee.
Time Entry Context Menu
Access the Time Entry Context Menu
- Locate the employee to access the Time Entry Context menu for.
- Use the mouse or track pad to right click on the employee's name. The Time Entry Context menu will display.
- Use the Time Entry Context menu to take action or view additional information. For more information on each option in this menu, see the Options in the Time Entry Context Menu section below.
Options in the Time Entry Context Menu
|Tab Stop||Indicates the row where the tab key will move your cursor down a column instead of across the row.|
|See Employee||Opens the Employee Summary section for the employee listed on the entry. For more information, see the Employee Summary article.|
|See Customer||Opens the Customer Summary section for the customer listed on the entry. For more information, see the Customer Summary article.|
|See Assignment||Opens the Assignment Detail section for the assignment listed on the entry. For more information see the Assignment Detail article.|
|See Order||Opens the Order Summary section for the order listed on the entry. For more information, see the Order Summary article.|
|Copy Transaction||Enables the creation of a duplicate transaction on the grid.|
|Insert Transaction Type||
Enables the addition of a transaction to a batch. This allows you to add deductions and refunds on a batch-by-batch basis with variable amounts.
Updates the data for the highlighted grid entry.
|Update from Order/Assignment||Updates the information in the transaction based on changes made in the Order and Assignment sections.|
|Delete Transaction||Remove the selected entry from the grid.|
|Delete Transaction Item||Remove a transaction item from the grid entry.|
Records the end of an assignment in the End Assignment window. For more information, see the End Assignment Wizard article.
Enables the upload of files that will attach to the transaction. Multiple files can be attached at once. Click Browse to add files.
Note: That system filters by default on .PDF's, but other file types (or all types) can be chosen.
Issues an immediate payment. See the Instant Pay article for more information.
Access Options Menu
- Click Options on the right side of the window. The Options menu will display.
- Make a selection in the window. For more information see the Pay equal bill option or Action section below.
- To make sure the Options menu does not slide out of view, click the pin icon at the top of the window to pin it.
Pay Equal Bill Option
|Bill Equals Pay||Sets the system to enter the same value for Bill Units as Pay Units.
Note: This only applies to transactions after the box has been checked
|Show Un-entered Only||Display only transactions not associated with a batch.|
The Actions section provides printing and exporting options. Once search results have been generated, the results may be sent to a printer as an image or exported in Microsoft Excel format.
|The name of the section providing printing options.|
|Preview Before Printing||Checking this box prompts a preview of the page once Print Search Results has been clicked.|
|Fit width to pages||Determines the width of the printed grid.|
|Print Search Results||Sends the search results to the computer's default printer.|
|Export to Excel||Prompts the computer to open the search results in Microsoft Excel.|