Burdens will be calculated and applied for each transaction that falls under one of the selected branches.
Add a Burden
- Click the Add New button. All the fields in the lower portion of the window will be cleared.
- Complete the fields as necessary.
Burden Name The name given to the burden. This name will display in a drop-down menu selection on the Burden Factor page. CalcType
Two calculation types are available:
- NodeType - Multiplies the Gross Wages (or Agency Cost if it’s a non-W-2 Transaction) by the Burden Rate.
- TotalSales - Multiplies the Total Bill by the Burden Rate.
Category Burdens are organized into categories. Some (e.g. SUI) cannot be added to as they are pre-defined per SUI settings. Burden Rate The specific rate that will be used to calculate the burden. Shared By The branches that will be able to use the burden.
- Click Save to add the burden to the upper grid.
Remove a Burden
Because burdens may have a history that may still be applied to current data, it is not recommended to delete a burden, The application does not allow users to directly delete a burden, however, the Avionté Technical Services department may be able to remove a burden while accounting for the removal's effects.
To discontinue the use of a burden, set the date to an expired value.
If you are using the GP Calculator, you will notice a General Liability field listed in the Calculator:
To populate a value here, the default Burden with a name of "GeneralLiability" needs to be configured with the proper rate.