A debit memo is an invoice type available in the AR section that shows a debt on a customer's account. A new AR Debit Memo can be created from the Accounts Receivable (AR) home screen.
- Navigate to Main Menu > Back Office > AR > Home sub-page
- Select the desired batch or create a batch if necessary. Visit the AR New Batch help page for instructions.
- Navigate to Main Menu > Back Office > AR Post Payment sub-page.
- Click Create New Invoice from the Actions Menu or the Create New Invoice shortcut button.
- Select DM for the Invoice Type and enter in a negative amount to show a credit.
- Click Select Invoices to apply the Debit Memo to the batch.
- Click Process Payments when the batch is complete.
- Pay a Debit Memo using the Post Payment Wizard. Visit the Post Payment Wizard help page for information.