The Assignment Rate Change window opened from the Assignment > Actions menu offers a simplified summary of an existing assignment including employee, customer, and order information. The employee's hourly rate, rate type, and the end date of the assignment can be adjusted from this window.
The Assignment Rate Change window edits an employee's existing assignment. If multiple changes are needed, consider ending the current assignment and creating a new assignment for the employee rather than making multiple changes to the existing assignment.
Note: Errors made when editing an existing assignment may require corrections that can only be made by Avionté Technical Support. For example, if an End Date requires a change after the date has passed, the change can only be made by Avionté Technical Support at a billable rate.
Edit an Assignment
- In the New Date/Rate panel, select the Start Date for the new rate.
- By default, the Start Date field will display a date that is one day after the End Date of the original assignment - which is displayed in the Other Info section in the lower-left.
- In the New Date/Rate panel, select an End Date on which the assignment (not just the rate change) will end.
- An End Date is not required.
- If an End Date is passed and needs to be corrected, the date can only be changed by Avionté Technical Support at a billable rate.
- If available, select a pre-configured rate plan from the Markup drop-down menu.
- If the employee's Regular pay rate is changing, enter the new value in the Pay column of the Reg row and tab off the cell to save the data.
- In the example image above, the new rate is $12.00.
- The OT rate is automatically calculated to $18.00 based on the Markup rate plan of 1.5 ($12.00 x 1.5 = $18.00)
- Enter a Bill rate that will be billed to the customer for every hour the employee works and tab off the cell to save the data.
- In the example image above, the new Bill rate is $18.00.
- If an adjustment is being made to a rate other than the employee's regular rate, mouse-over the Type column in the next available row to reveal a drop-down menu icon. Click the drop-down menu icon to display the pay types.
- Select a pay Type that will have an adjusted rate applied to it.
- The new Type will populate in the row (Holiday in the example below.) Enter the new value in the Pay column of the new row. Tab off the cell to save the data.
- Enter a Bill rate that will be billed to the customer for every hour the employee works. Tab off the cell to save the data.
- Any time applied as Holiday time will pay the employee a rate of $25.00 per hour and bill the customer at a rate of $45.00 per hour.
- Select a Rate Change Reason from the drop-down menu.
- Click Finish to save the entered rate changes.