This utility enables the removal of any invoice corrections in branches to which the user has access. This AQ also includes:
- run phases displaying what information will be updated or removed
- a table backup in the event the Support department has to restore any data afterward
- an option to remove associated payments to the invoice
The user must have access to Admin Tools.
|Invoice Number||The unique number of the invoice being corrected.|
|Remove All AR Payments||
- Navigate to Start Page > Actions menu > Admin Tools > Category = System > Report > Report tab
- Type the name of the targeted AQ in the Title column to search for the report by name.
- Click the row of the report in the grid.
- In the Report Users section, select User or Group.
- Place a check mark in the User or Group check box to enable the report for that user or group.
- Click Save.
- A "Save Complete" confirmation pop-up displays. Click OK. The AQ is now available to the selected user or group.
- The application may have to be restarted for the AQ change to take effect.
It's recommended to do a backup by selecting Run Phase parameter = Backup.
- From the Main Menu, navigate to Report > Reports
- From the Report Category list, click Self-Serve Utilities.
- Select the AQ from the Report area on the right. The AQ opens in a new window.
- Enter the invoice number of the invoice being corrected.
- In the Remove All AR Payments row, select Yes or No from the value column's drop-down menu to choose whether to remove or keep AR payments associated with the invoice.
- In the Run Phase row, select Analysis, BackUp, or Commit from the value column's drop-down menu to analyze what information what will be changed, to back up the invoice data before making changes, or commit a change to the invoice, respectively.
- Backup phase is required before applying the Commit phase.
- The Commit phase requires a new backup if the last backup took place longer than one hour prior to the latest commit attempt.
- Payments affiliated with correcting invoice are required to be backed out on commits.
- Click Run Query. Changes will be made to the invoice per values selected from the Run Phase drop-down menu.
Results of using the Utility
Removal of any invoice errors will be messaged in the lower-left. Any utility processing errors will also be displayed in the messaging area.
|The invoice provided is equal to its own root invoice. Please provide the invoice number for the correcting invoice you wish to remove.||Make sure you entered the correct invoice number
Example: 7122-R2 not 7122
|The invoice is equal to the root invoice for another invoice correction. Please remove that other correcting invoice before attempting to remove this correcting invoice.||Make sure you entered the correct invoice number
Example: 7122-R2 not 7122
|Invoice number does not exist or you do not have permission to its branch.||Verify you have access to that Invoice and that it's a valid Invoice number.|