The Contact Method item of the Employee section allows users to catalog and edit the available means of getting in touch with the employee.
To add a new contact method to the grid:
- Select an option from the drop-down menu of the bottom-most cell of the Type column.
- Enter the appropriate data in the adjacent cell of the Value column.
- Enter a description of the contact method in the adjacent cell of the Description column.
- Indicate whether or not the contact method is active by checking, or leaving unchecked, the corresponding box in the Active column.
- The primary method of contact can be indicated by checking the appropriate box in the Is Primary column.
- For Contact Method Type = Cell Phone, the service provider can be indicated in the appropriate cells of the Service Provider column.
Note: The value for the config option AllowTextMessaging must be "True" to display the Service Provider column.
The Service Provider list is comprehensive and kept up to date. The newest additions include:
- Indicate whether an employee can be sent texts to a contact method with the DoNotText column.
Note: The DoNotText is only a visual reminder to the user of the employee's preferences and does not actually prevent texts from being sent. Remove all service provider information to prevent texts from being sent to the employee.