Avionté Support Series:
Configuring Avionté to Accommodate Tip Income
This article is Part Three in a series that describes the setup and use of the Avionté system to accommodate tips as a form of employee income.
Part One: Overview - Configuring Avionté for Tip Income
Part Two: Configure Avionté Transaction Types to Manage Tips
Part Three: Configure Employee Record to Include Tips
Part Four: Enter Tips in Time Entry
Part Five: Include Deductions for Tips When Processing Payroll
To allow an employee to earn income from tips, the employee’s assignment needs to have tips added as an income type and a new deduction needs to be added to their record to account for tips received as cash
- Click here for more information on Employee Assignments Including Tips
- Click here for information on setting up Deductions for Tips
Bold setup articles
Add Tips/Additional Transaction Types to an Assignment
Configure Employee Assignment to Include Tips
This section walks though the process of adding tips as a type of income that an employee can earn while on an assignment.
- Click here for BOLD clients and adding tips/Transactions
- Click here for more information on rates for Assignments (Classic)
- Navigate to Employee.
- Search for the current employee to be set up to receive tips.
- Select Assignment from the Employee sub-menu.
- In the Rate section, click in the bottom-most cell of the Type column.
- Enter “Tips(Paid)”.
- Press Tab on the keyboard three times to move to the next row and save “Tips(Paid)” as a rate.
- Enter “Tips(Cash)” in the bottom-most cell in the Type column.
- Press Tab on the keyboard three times to move to the next row and save “Tips(Cash)” as a rate.
The Pay column remains at $0.00 because the amount that the employee will earn from tips will fluctuate from one pay period to the next.
Set Up New Deduction for Tips on Employee Record
A new deduction needs to be added to the employee's record for tips received as cash.
- Navigate to Employee.
- Search for the employee to be set up with tips as a potential source of income.
- In the sub-menu, navigate to Payroll > Deduction
- Click the New Deduction button.
- In the Deduction section, enter “Tips(Deduction)” in the Deduction Type field.
- In the Amount field, enter a temporary value of $1.00. The actual amount will be entered during the payroll process.
- Add a check in the Flag During Payroll box. This is recommended as a reminder to update the Amount field during the payroll process.
- Click the Save Deduction button.
Please sign in to leave a comment.