The Revenue Opportunity item of the Customer section allows users to add a sales level, status, competition, projected revenue, as well as attach a sales rep or a message, to a potential client. Once entered, a user can consult this screen to track or edit an entered opportunity.
Add a Revenue Opportunity
- Add a new revenue opportunity by navigating to one of the following:
- The New Revenue Opportunity button located on the upper-left corner of the Revenue Opportunity item in the Customer section.
- The New Revenue Opportunity button located on the upper-left corner of the Revenue Opportunity item of the Contact section.
- The New Revenue Opportunity button from any Revenue Opportunity sub-tree item.
- Enter data into the fields according to the field definitions provided below. The information for the user, contact, and order associated with the opportunity are on the right side.
|A name for the revenue opportunity.
|A description for this revenue opportunity.
|A drop-down menu providing status (active, inactive, etc.) options for this opportunity.
|An estimated dollar amount.
|The period (Default: Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly) for this opportunity.
|A free-text field for competition on this revenue opportunity.
|Sales Close Level
|A percentage of completion towards closing this revenue opportunity.
|Expected Close Date
|The date this opportunity is expected to be closed on from the date picker.
|Select the start date for the opportunity from the date picker.
|Select the end date for the opportunity from the date picker.
3. Click the Finish button to save the opportunity.
Attach a Message to a Revenue Opportunity
This section details how to create a message and have it attach to a Revenue opportunity.